Why

I'm going to try to show off my world, or the world from my point of view, by posting a picture a day for a whole year. I'm not sure if this will be a success, but I have to give it a try.

Pages

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Day 332

Using one of my many acquired panthers cups for the NFL draft tonight.

My 2 cents on what the Panthers should do? Well, no QB in this years draft is worth the #1 overall pick. If they do take Cam Newton as their pick, it would probably set the franchise back several years. This has nothing to do with him or his ability, it's to do with the situation he would enter into.

Apart from having a first time head coach, Ron Rivera, and the lockout preventing him and his staff from meeting with his players, there are other concerns. The Panthers have a sub-par offensive line, which means 2 things - no protection & no ability to set up the run. Steve Smith, the Panther's only real threat at as WR, wants out of Carolina. So that means Cam Newton will have to run for his life with nobody to throw to. The defense also needs to be shored up.

Basically, there are other needs that need to be addressed before trying to get a QB. Truth be told, no matter who they take in the draft will not make an impact on the team until next season. I think that getting to .500 is and should be viewed as 2011's goal.

0 comments:

Post a Comment